The Cavalcade is awarded a Versatile Blogger Award
Well, I was going back and forth about even posting an article this week. After last week’s big crossover with Branded in the ’80s, I was a bit winded and I wanted a break. Okay, yeah, that was only one article last week but it was such a bad ass article that am having trouble finding a suitably awesome article to back it up.
Plus, I’m going back home to Birmingham, AL this weekend with my wife for a baby shower so preparations for that have been ongoing this week (as well as trying to fit in a screening of Predators with my friend, Dr Mike, before I go).
Then, Strange Kids Club, one of my new blogging friends (and a Cavalcade approved blog) passed along a very cool award, the Versatile Blogger Award.
I like that. I like to consider myself a versatile blogger. This blog works in much the same way as the thoughts in my head. In any given post you could see me talk about movies, comic books, TV shows, toys or cool, geeky technology. I try to keep things broad because that’s what keeps me interested. I realize if I make this blog a little more specialized I might get more traffic. However I’m interested in a lot of different things. This blog, as you know, is a kaleidoscope of awesome-ality (where do I come up with this stuff?). So I promise to try to keep things fresh around here.
Anyway, thanks, again, SKC. Now, there are rules that go with this award. They are:
- Give thanks to the person who nominated you. (Done and Done)
- List 7 things about yourself (yikes)
- Give this award to 15 of your favorite bloggers (15!!!)
Okay, here we go with #2, 7 things about myself:
1. I live in Jacksonville, FL with my wife, a cat named Presley and a new baby boy (PJ) due in September.
2. I work at the Winn-Dixie corporate headquarters in the IT department. I work on the financial/accounting software, Peoplesoft.
3. I love browsing supermarkets and bookstores, especially ones I’ve never been in before.
4. I’m a pack rat/collector. I’ve randomly collected things throughout my life like soda cans, Garbage Pail Kids, comics, action figures, Kool-Aid packets, magazines, newspaper clippings, books, etc. This blog enjoys the fruits of that labor.
5. From 1997 to 2005 I heavily collected Star Wars merchandise. When I was still in Alabama I remodeled my downstairs into a Star Wars museum. Since I moved to Jacksonville in 2005, the collection sits in a temperature controlled storage unit.
6. I’m a runner. Currently I’m training for a marathon in December. It’ll be my first full marathon. Before that I’m running a half-marathon in September and another half on Thanksgiving day. These three races are called the Tri-2B Tough Challenge.
7. I am awesome.
Okay, 15 bloggers (!) that deserve this award. Well, Strange Kids Club gave it to me, so they already received the award (and they deserved it). Branded in the ’80s was also awarded this from SKC, so I won’t double up Shawn (he deserves it too). Here is a quick list of other sites I think deserve the versatile blogger award (in alphabetical order):
bookworm – Book reviews
Eclectorama – Toy reviews
Gen X-tinct – Pop culture and nostalgia
Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity – Books, cooking, life
Movieholic and Bibliophile Blog – Books and movies
Nerd Lunch – All things nerdy
Poison Mushroom – More nerdiness; video games and wrestling
Sexy Armpit – All New Jersey pop culture, All the time.
Surfing Pizza – Random. Funny. It’s the Surfing Pizza.
Wolf Gnards – Pop culture and geekiness.
It’s not 15, but I’m going for quality, not quantity. Everyone in this list should be proud because I visit you nearly everyday. And I think everyone reading this should also.
Anyway, thanks SKC, I really do appreciate this.